Wednesday, August 25, 2010

it's a good life you don't weaken

...o' for a good life, we just might have to weaken and find somewhere to go...
-The Tragically Hip
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
outfit deets: shoes - thrifted // skirt - Joe // tee - soon to be listed in the shop

I don't know how many of you live in cities with underground transit like the Toronto or New York subways - but oh how I have learned to not like riding the subway very much. I like travelling out of doors where there is real sunlight! I have no choice but to ride the thing almost everyday so I make preparations for it. One of which said preparations is carefully curating the rides soundtrack before I leave. I like listening to The Tragically Hip on the subway because they remind me of being outside - and they tend to ease my anxiety quite well. I was listening to "It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken" a few days ago on the subway when I was feeling particularly anxious and it really resonated more with me than it ever had. Careful music selection is a must before riding the subway! Really though, sometimes I like riding it because it gives me time to do things - but lately it's not been so fun. My relationship with the subway goes through phases - I think right now I'm just mad at it.

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! It was in the mid 20s and perfectly sunny - so I seized the opportunity and wore my first autumn inspired outfit. I LOVE this little blouse - and I will be sad to part with it but soon (sometime today) it will go up in the shop! It is the perfect top for Fall. I imagine myself wearing it apple picking or traipsing around in a pumpkin patch.


Eee I am getting excited for Fall! Are you?


xx Robyn

p.s. Alyssa of Beauty, Simplistic took some gorgeous photos in her Sweet Adeline Pinafore that she picked up from Rhitbee Anne Vintage a while back. Check it out! Hopefully soon I'll have enough photos from buyers to do a little R.A.V. compilation post :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that top. Great pattern and color! I too am excited for fall!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to school in NYC and the subway hasn't quite lost it's mystique for me, but I agree that good music is a must! Great outfit! The length of that skirt is really perfect!

    Emily

    http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The top is crazy fun, and your necklace is just darling! Eeek. Subways are the worst when you want to be outside. I'm totally getting excited for fall, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the print of your top...and your hair is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment!
I love hearing from you guys.