Thursday, May 20, 2010

kensington market

Hellos! So today I ventured into Kensington market. It's a market in downtown Toronto that has everything from head shops, to fruit and fish stands, to vintage clothing shops, to some of the best cheese you will find in Toronto, and some delicious and quaint little eateries. We went to this place called The Grilled Cheese that just recently opened. I got the "Turk-2000" - which was delish! I highly recommend the joint and will have to return there soon.
Photobucket
outfit details: shoes - payless // jean shorts - real old // tank - thrifted // vest - h&m // necklaces - vintage, thrifted, and from Dale
Photobucket
Kensington has been one of my favourite haunts since I was in high school. I used to go there and buy tonnes of cheap plastic jewellery and sunglasses. Now I prefer the vintage stores like Exile (pictured below) and Flashback (my fave). Over the years the shops have become increasingly more expensive but Flashback retains some pretty reasonable prices.

I took some cheesy mirror shots in one of the stores because I was having some real trouble getting good lighting outside. Not that the lighting was any better in there, oh well! Such is life, I will have to go back another day and get more snaps.

I opted for a pretty simple outfit today because it was really hot. Got up to 29 degrees celsius! These shorts did me well in Cuba so I slipped em on today. I was nice and cool.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think I might do more posts like these in the future, where I do a little profile of my fave places in Toronto. What do you guys think?

xxRobyn

**links to the pictures that aren't mine are embedded in the photos

2 comments:

  1. I love the cute casual outfit and I think you should show where you live and the things you enjoy, it only enhances your personality :)

    http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment!
I love hearing from you guys.