Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Uniform

Hello lovelies! It has been awhile, hasn't it? I've been working like a dog since the store opened so I haven't had much time to post.  To tell you the truth, I think I needed the break from personal style blogging.  To take a step back and create my outfits without having how it will photograph in mind.  It's been nice but now I am ready to get back into it at least once or twice a week!
Photobucket
As you may have noticed The Wardrobe Challenge was a bit of a failure. Julia and I just really didn't have the time to carry on with it. I hate not finishing things but it just wasn't meant to be for right now so I am going to carry on as if I was normal. In the very least, it was a great learning experience. I now know the extent to which my closet needs to be paired down and tomorrow I am going to donate even more stuff and start packing for my big move in a month!
Photobucket
After ceasing the Wardrobe Challenge I started to take on a bit of a summer uniform on the days when I don't work.  This button up is a key component of said uniform as the get-up mainly consists of a simple dress with a little light button up tied round my waist.  It's cute and comfy and keeps me cool so I think that is all that matters for the summer. It's not the most fashion forward but when it is nearly 40 (104 fahrenheit) degrees out I can't be bothered. Also, these crocs flats have been a foot saver whilst working on the floor all day.  Now I'm down to minimal pain when before it was almost unbearable. 
Photobucket
My summer uniform also calls for untamed wild curly hair.  I am trying to let it grow out and not straightening it is allowing it to grow super fast! I want to have real long curly hair. 
Photobucket
outfit deets: dress - Forever 21 // button-up - H&M // shoes - crocs
Said summer uniform is great for lounging around the pool with a bathing suit underneath and then taking walks through the park with the boyfriend whilst sipping on Tim Hortons Strawberry Banana Smoothies.  Yum.  I wish summer could last forever.  

xo Robyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment!
I love hearing from you guys.