Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here for a Good Time

...not for a long time, so have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.

Forgive the photo-heavy nature of this post! I had such a blast this weekend that I thought it had to be documented:
Photobucket
A couple minutes after arriving on Friday night. Cracking out the beer and taking some group photos were clearly high on our list of priorities.
Photobucket
Adie and my Dad in their cottage clothes
Photobucket
Photobucket
After my Dad and Gordie-boy (and Persia, for that matter) went to bed we cranked the stereo and started dancing...until about 4 in the morning.
Photobucket
Got up too early in the morning and got a delicious breakfast at the greasy spoon nearby.
Photobucket
Yah, this is me just posing on the snowmobile and not actually snowmobiling. We had left the thing idling for so long that my Dad came up to find us because he thought we were stuck. Nope, just taking pictures. It had been at least a couple years since I had snowmobiled so my muscles weren't used to it at all and now I am so sore. We also got stuck a lot in the woods and had to lift the thing up and maneuver the skiis just to get out of the snow and back on the trail. It was a workout and a half.
Photobucket
It's a good thing snowmobiling was such a workout because we ate a lot, drank a lot and lazed around a lot this weekend.
Photobucket
Persia and Julia decided to take a five'r in the snow.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was really such a fun weekend. We got lucky because it wasn't that cold so we didn't freeze our butts off sleeping at night. Also, my Dad and his friend Gord were there to keep us from dying by stoking the wood-burning stove, helping us start the snowmobiles and generally aiding a bunch of city-girls get by in the middle of nowhere. For instance, the road into the cottage isn't plowed in the winter so you can't drive the car all the way down. You have to park it up at the top at the road and either snowmobile or take the jeep down and ferry all of your supplies with you. It's quite the job and it would have taken us ages to do it on our own seeing as I can't drive standard, and am not strong enough (yet) to pull the cord to get the engine going on the snowmobile.

It had been a long time since all of us girls had even just hung out together all at once let alone all together up at the cottage. It's been about 18 years since I first met these girls and so they are like family. I know I will always have them around no matter how much we can drive eachother nuts, no matter how different our opinions may be on some things, no matter how long we go without seeing one another and no matter how many times Julia steals my sweater.

xo Robyn

3 comments:

  1. I was just listening to that song the other day, and thinking "what a great motto!" :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh. looks like an amazing time.
    i am jealous. i wish i had a cottage to go too!! ;)
    have a wonderful week girly!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! And no apologies for a picture heavy post! Books with the occasional picture pages were my absolute favorite, and this post just carries on the trend :)

    Glad you had fun..... and btw. Heard on the radio today that next week is Canada appreciation week... I appreciate you! Haha.

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment!
I love hearing from you guys.