Monday, May 17, 2010

hawaii in the city

Hello folks. For the most part today has been rather cloudy and dreary. I haven't been outside a whole lot either, mainly just working inside. I have yet to ever wear this top I altered so I thought I would throw it on to brighten my day a little.
Photobucket
I found this piece at a thrift shop about a year ago. In it's original state it was a floor length moomoo made in Hawaii. It has one side pocket and the reason I bought it was for the adorable sleeves! They're cute little tulip sleeves. Originally I intended to make it into a mini dress but I cut it too short and so I decided to make it a tunic length. I don't think I'm done with the alterations either. It's a little too big and needs to be taken in at the back because it bunches too much. Anyway. I'm going to aim for a bunch of outfit photos this week! So look forward to that. Also, my etsy store is well on it's way to opening. So many exciting things!
Photobucket

Photobucket
outfit deets: tunic - thrifted and altered by me // jeans - Gap // shoes - payless// belt - vintage
Photobucket
til next time guys!

xxRobyn

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful print and I love the sleeves as well. Little details like that can make a garment.

    http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment!
I love hearing from you guys.